Wes Schemf (C3-Sollay.com) hasn't lost a DCCX race yet. After winning the Men's Elite in last year's inaugural event, Schemf outpaced teammate Michael Gallagher (C3-Sollay.com) and Bobby Lea (Rite Aid Pro Cycling) with a 27 second winning margin to successfully defend his title.
In the Women's Elite, it was Patty Buerkle (Vanderkitten) who broke clear of 2-person break-mate Kristin Gavin (Human Zoom / Pabst Blue Ribbon) to win by 15 seconds. Betsy Shogren (Sobe / Cannondale) surged ahead of the chase group to finish third. The Elite Women's field was 22 strong at DCCX this year, up from only 6 in 2007. If Cyclocross were a stock (and I had any money), I'd buy it.
Elite Masters: Blair Sauders (Secret Henry’s Team)
Juniors 17-18: Steven Black (NCVC / Inova Health System)
Juniors 10-16: Jimmy Klose (Adventures for the Cure)
Masters 55+: Rob Lea (T.E.A.M. Fuji)
Cat 3/4 Men: Ian Mathias (Hunt Valley Bicycles / Marathon Roofing)
Cat 3/4 Women: Lynne Oliver (DCMTB)
Cat 3/4 35+ Men: David Blodgett (All American Bicycle Club)
Cat 4 Men: Matthew Bartlett (The Bike Rack)
Little Belgians: James Kline (Artemis)
- Gwadzilla naturally has photos - these of the Lil' Belgians race.
- Joe Foley also has photos from DCCX in his Flickr album.
- In which Scott's Right of Way is called a wheelsucker by a guy he nipped in the sprint
- The Unholy Rouleur lives for this stuff, man.
- Indy has some photos of teammates, most with snarky captions.
- Gay (Bike) Racer made the (extended) podium in the Cat 4 race. Swapping out the road shoes and pedals helped.
- Poor Dumb Bastard finished on the lead lap, had a beer in the pits, ate a bean and cheese burrito and rode home with a dog in his lap. By almost anyone's standards, that's a good day.