by Gus Grissom, Blog Bureau Boss
Here's how this weekend's racing could'a, should'a and would'a turned out if it hadn't'a turned out the way it did...
Saturday was an unusually comfortable day for the Ride Sally Ride Criterium:
- Somewhere in the world there is an unknown, out of town neon yellow team with a picture of Team Bike Doctor going up on their motivational board (hit list?).
- Meanwhile, if you spend Saturday learning from an egg, the Flamenco Chuckwagon finds out you may not have the legs you want on Sunday.
- The Soigneur Dad has to do a lot of math for upgrade points but overall he wonders "why are we up this early?" So your son can go pro, old man! That's why.
- Veloworks-Spokes, Etc. had a good day at Ride Sally Ride and less of a good day at Leonardtown. But in the end, they've got meat and they'll hold it over fire.
- When a big guy wants a draft, Dan of the Speedcenter always notices when "they are tiny." He also notices key grooves int he pavement.
Sunday had a MABRA jersey on the line at the Leonardtown Criterium:
- For the ladies of North-Tek Gear it was a weekend of winning. I think all of them won something this weekend and one of them (at least) won a jersey.
- I Am A Bike Racer is also a big fan of the Bad News Bears: game's not over! game's not over! No, his game wasn't over (but it kind of was) and he wasn't going home.
There were a few racers doing some little race in Philadelphia, maybe a Liberty Classic or something:
- Tradewinds Racing was there for the whole weekend's worth of activities and came out of it with some good impressions and new motivation.
- It was the dark side of the moon for The Dirt Field who tells little lies during the week so she's ready "just in case" she doesn't win.
In the dirtier scene, there was also a fair bit of action this weekend:
- Ian of DCMTB drove up to Ohio to smash his wheel into a funny shape (photo included) at the Mohican 100.
- The big decision was skinsuits versus jerseys for their brief jaunt in the woods. Apparently it had funny results because there's a "to be continued" implied in The Steevo's report.