Before there was Coulda Shoulda Woulda there was Keeping Tempo, which catalogued race reports in the same way. But before it was Keeping Tempo, there was an article with race reports from each individual race. The very first one was the 2007 Jefferson Cup, below.
Most of the links are dead now, but the second one - straight to the race report blogged by eventual US Professional Road Race champion Ben King - still works just fine.
I was slow out of the blocks when reg for Jefferson Cup opened (can I use a track metaphor for cycling?) so didn't get in in time. But with the abundance of race reports, photos and even videos - plus a touch of pleasant fatigue in my legs from a long ride over the weekend - I feel almost as if I was there.
Relive it with me here:
- Jennifer, an attorney in Charlottesville, on her blog called Jennifer's Charlottesville, kicks it off with a a from-the-sidelines P.O.V. I don't know who this Chris is of whom she speaks, but I think this is as close as you'll ever get to hearing a lawyer talk trash.
- The CRC Racing Blog has reports on the Men's Pro/1/2/3 race and the Master's race, by Ben King of Hot Tubes and his dad Mark King of CRC. See a pic of father and son together here. Ben landed a top 10 finish in the Pro/1/2/3 event, and Dad snuck onto the podium in the 40+ race. Nice work, fellas.
- Rachel and Johanna, also from CRC, chime in on the Women's Open and give each other attagirls.
- Blogspot.com must be a corporate sponsor of CRC, because there's yet another race report on the site, this one from Kyle Rodland on the Cat 4 race.
- You know you were going to read it sooner or later in this post. Well here it is: Jared Nieters. But this time, Jared's too busy assembling brand new Orbea and Blue bikes to write. So he turned his keyboard over to Steevo Gordon who finished 2nd in the Collegiate A race. If I did "Featured Race Reports" on GamJams this would be today's, because it contains a gratuitous picture of me in it.
- Steevo ended up in the winning break of 2 riders and writes in his post, "I quickly made a deal with Adam that if he would keep me alive for a while, I would try to help out with some pulls as best I could and be sure to let him take the win." Um, does this video look like Steevo is letting him take the win?
- The previous video is courtesy of Bryan Burns. He's got more here.
- And finally, some gorgeous pictures by Jim Wilson here. Go refill your coffee and spend some time with these.